sips Industries can help at every stage of the process to create your perfect home...
To date sips Industries have completed over 200 individual projects featuring a significant number of self-build homes using sips walls and sips roof systems.
PLANNING YOUR PROJECT
Exceeding your expectations at every step…
We have case studies varying from 800 sq ft houses to 6500 sq.ft. Please view our gallery for a selection of completed projects. We also have individual case studies available in downloadable PDF format. sips Industries can help at every stage of the process to create your perfect home. Our sips technology and bespoke services are ideal for the self-builder looking to turn a concept into their dream home. As well as new-build we also specialise in designing and installing extensions. We can easily integrate with other construction methods including brick and block, stone and timber frame systems.
Typical steps to building a house…
- Once you have decided to build you should engage an Architect. Your Architect will work with you to create your dream house on paper, taking into account the nature of the site and surroundings, your budget, and the way you need your building to work. If you have specific requests, such as using sips panels, discuss them with your architect as soon as possible.
- You submit your plans to your local planning office for approval.*
- Your Architect submits drawings to sips Industries for costing using sips.
- You and sips Industries agree to go ahead with the project based on the specification and quotation.
- sips Industries will then work with your engineer to produce detailed engineering drawings and to ensure that the building meets the required specifications and regulations.
- You submit your plans and engineering details to your local council’s Building Control for a build warrant.*
- Manufacture of the sips panels is scheduled in our factory, and a build date is scheduled with our construction teams.
- Your builder prepares the site and foundations to the architect’s drawings.
- At the scheduled time your panels are manufactured and cut to size in our factory. The panels are checked and a construction kit prepared for delivery to site.
- On the scheduled build date the kit of panels and related material is delivered to site, accompanied by a building crew from sips Industries.
- The sips Industries building team assembles the SIPS kit on site.
The building is wrapped in building paper (or as specified by the engineer or architect) to protect it until the external finish is applied.
- Your builder completes external brick or block-work, fits windows and doors, roof tiles etc. according to your architect’s design, to make the building weatherproof. Internal wiring, plumbing and finishing are carried out.
- When all trades are finished the building is inspected by your local council and a completion or habitation certificate issued.*
- Now you can move in and enjoy your beautiful, warm house.
* These steps may vary depending on your local council and the complexity, location and type of building.
Dedicated sips Project Manager
At sips Industries we can provide a dedicated project manager for your build. Our team of in-house professionals use their skills, knowledge and expertise to ensure the ultimate build quality of your new home. To guarantee the coordination of those resources, we’ll appoint a dedicated project manager to your project. From planning permission, demolition, design, house build and fitting to the decoration and finer details, your project manager will assure a smooth, stress-free build until every detail meets your vision. We’ll manage and implement anything and everything required to ensure the timely completion of your new dream project.
sips Industries can take you from start to finish
Whether you have strong ideas or just an inkling of how you want your dream home to look, our in-house design team will be delighted to work with you to realise a house absolutely unique to you. Whether it’s a sophisticated, classic look you have in mind or you’re on the hunt for something more contemporary and cutting-edge, our team will help to make your dream home a reality – whatever that entails. Equally we work with people who want to be led by our award winning designers and are inspired through the design process or find their style when they visit our factory. However much help you need, we’re with you every step of the way.
Stay informed on the latest SIPS Industries and Self Building news by signing up to our monthly newsletter:
Get In Touch
For further information or all general enquiries about sips panels and projects, please fill in the enquiry form below:
To download pdf files of our sales brochure and other sips technical specifications documents please click below: